Template Commands will allow you to create commands that can be sent from GpsGate server to your devices in many ways.
Where you can send commands from
- Manually from the Vehicle panel, using Command Tags.
- Automatically, from an Event Rule, for example when an event occurs (e.g. SOS).
- Manually, from the Fleet App.
- Manually, from the mobile browser.
- Manually, from the Terminal Window.
- In batches, using the Device Manager.
Creating the command
1. In Site Admin, go to Devices > Commands
2. Select your device Brand
3. Click in New Command
4. Enter a name for your command.
5. Fill in with the Command and sending methods
6. Save your command.
7. Mark your command as Queueable (recommended)
8. Select which model/s you want this command to be available to.
9. Save your command.
- To send commands over SMS, you need to enable an SMS provider.
- GpsGate does not provide you with commands or configuration software for your devices.
- We recommend verifying your device documentation or check with your device support which is the right command to configure your devices to point to your newly installed GpsGate server's IP and port.