Use POIs for reverse geocoding
You can use a combination of multiple POI (points of interest) categories for reverse geocoding in GpsGate Server.
This is useful for example when:
- You want to combine known POIs with a geocoding service.
- You want to display a vehicle location in relation to a POI.
- You prefer to have POI references instead of addresses in your reports.
You can create multiple POI categories, with different priorities based on the vehicle distance from the POI. Read more about this here.
1. In Site Admin > Plugins, make sure you have installed the PointsOfInterest plugin
2. In your application properties, enable the geocoder in Geocoding > Geocoder selecting POI / POI + <your geocoder> as the geocoder for your application.
3. In Geocoding address format use [ADDRESS] which is the default value.
3. Enable the feature PointsOfInterest privileges in your application.
4. Save your application settings
5. Log in to your application
6. Enable the Points of Interest panel
7. To enable the POI inverse geocoding, follow the steps described in the import POI guide.
Display the Distance to a POI in the Vehicle and Track Points panels
With POI reverse geocoding, you'll also have the possibility to see the distance of your vehicle to a certain POI.
1. To do so, Add/Edit a category and mark the option Add distance and direction to address
2. Add the column Address to your vehicle panel
3. You'll be able to see the distance to that POI according to the POI Category distance parameter.
Note: to have this functionality, you'll need to have selected in your (SiteAdmin) Application properties > Geocoding > Geocoding Address Format > the format [ADDRESS]