Points of Interest (POI) can be imported into the system. Either from an other GpsGate Server installation or from a completely different system.
1. Install Point of Interest plugin in Site Admin > Plugins.
2. Enable the following privileges in your application properties:
Files format to import
CSV and KML files are supported.
To know how you need to format your files to import them into the system, follow the format guidelines in the Import window.
Latitude,Longitude,Name,_Description,_Custom ID,customFieldLabel1 40.68939,-74.04476,Statue of Liberty,New York,2,customFieldValue1 40.74817,-73.98489,"Empire State Building",New York,2,customFieldValue1
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2"> <Placemark id="statueofliberty"> <name>Statue of Liberty</name> <description>New York</description> <Point> <coordinates>40.68939,-74.04476,0</coordinates> </Point> <ExtendedData> <Data name="phone number"> <value>+1555123123</value> </Data> <Data name="webpage"> <value>http://www.nps.gov/stli/index.htm</value> </Data> </ExtendedData> </Placemark> </kml>
To import POIs, follow these steps:
1. Enable your Point of Interest panel by clicking in Windows > Point of Interest
2. Select the advanced menu and click in Import
3. Select Browse button to select the CSV or KML file
4. If you don't have a category to add your POIs in, you can create a new one by input the name of the category in the box:
5. After clicking in Import if your POIs were imported, you will see the following message
You will also see the total number of imported POIs
Verify your imported POIs
1. If you need to see your imported POIs you can see them in the Manage Categories section
2. When you click in the selection box, you will be able to see your POIs on the map for that selected category
Editing your POIs
You can edit your pois by clicking into the Edit icon
1. Details: here you can change the visibility of your POIs on screen according to the selected Zoom levels, change your POI Icons
2. Geocoding: here you can define if you want to use your POIs as a geocoding option (display the POI instead of an address in the VT application, reports, etc).
3. Custom Fields: here you can assign custom fields to your POIs if you have them previously created.
Note: to manage custom fields go to the advanced menu > Manage Custom Fields
4. Click in Save to save your changes.