Points of Interest (POI) can be imported into the system. Either from an other GpsGate Server installation or from a completely different system.
1. Install Point of Interest plugin in Site Admin > Plugins.
2. Enable the following privileges in your application properties:
Files format to import
Basic CSV file
To be able to import a POI you'll need at least the following fields: Latitude,Longitude,Name
An example of the file content you should import:
CSV file that avoids duplicated entries
To be able to import a POI without duplicating entries you need to use the column name
This column should contain a unique numeric value for each row. It doesn't necessary have to start with 0 or 1, you could use any number you want as long as it doesn't repeat itself.
Example of this content with Custom ID
Every time you import the file, it will update the content of the row containing that _Custom ID number. If no _Custom ID exists it will create a new row.
The KML file is more complex by nature. This is an example of such a file to import:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2"> <Placemark id="statueofliberty"> <name>Statue of Liberty</name> <description>New York</description> <Point> <coordinates>40.68939,-74.04476,0</coordinates> </Point> <ExtendedData> <Data name="phone number"> <value>+1555123123</value> </Data> <Data name="webpage"> <value>http://www.nps.gov/stli/index.htm</value> </Data> </ExtendedData> </Placemark> </kml>
To import POIs, follow these steps:
1. Enable your Point of Interest panel by clicking in Windows > Point of Interest
2. Select the advanced menu and click in Import
3. Select Browse button to select the CSV or KML file
4. If you don't have a category to add your POIs in, you can create a new one by input the name of the category in the box:
5. After clicking in Import if your POIs were imported, you will see the following message
You will also see the total number of imported POIs
Verify your imported POIs
1. If you need to see your imported POIs you can see them in the Manage Categories section
2. When you click in the selection box, you will be able to see your POIs on the map for that selected category
Editing your POIs
You can edit your pois by clicking into the Edit icon
1. Details: here you can change the visibility of your POIs on screen according to the selected Zoom levels, change your POI Icons
2. Geocoding: here you can define if you want to use your POIs as a geocoding option (display the POI instead of an address in the VT application, reports, etc).
3. Custom Fields: here you can assign custom fields to your POIs if you have them previously created.
Note: to manage custom fields go to the advanced menu > Manage Custom Fields
4. Click in Save to save your changes.