Get Started with Dashboard
Welcome to Dashboard! Your team's visual tool for total fleet overview.
Configure Metrics to get the updates that matter most - how many vehicles are currently idling, total triggered events, top lists of speeding vehicles, and more! Create colorful Widgets to bring your data to life with charts, lists, and graphs.
Below, we'll give you a run-down of the Dashboard feature, with links to relevant articles to get started. First up, Cloud users need to enable applications to access Dashboard in the GpsGate Store.
Use the following images to guide you:
1. From your application, proceed to the GpsGate Store via the icon in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Once in the Store, select Dashboard, and click Enable feature.
3. Select the applications you'd like to enable Dashboard for and click Apply changes.
Congratulations! You're ready to configure Dashboard and start collecting data. Here's a summary of the main elements of this premium feature.
Begin with identifying the metrics that you'd like to display in your Dashboard. Identify the fleet behavior you want to track and set the parameters! For example:
- Total speeding events triggered per day
- Total distance driven per day or per week
- Event state distribution: how many vehicles are within a geofence?
2. Dashboard Widgets
Tracking your team's KPIs is possible with Widgets. Use charts, histograms and lists to visualize fleet data. Drill down further in by clicking on a Widget to produce top lists of speeding vehicles, event rule violators, and more.
After you've created Metrics, you're ready to bring the data to light with Widgets. See this guide to get you started: Creating Widgets in Dashboard
Once you've created Widgets it's time to customize your Dashboard. Learn to Organize your Widgets here.
3. Dashboard in the Fleet app
Important fleet updates don't stop at your desktop. Use our Fleet App to stay updated on the go. Once Dashboard Metrics are configured in the application, you can choose to send push notifications via the Fleet App.
Guide to Dashboard in the Fleet app