Creating Metrics in Dashboard
Want to get going and configure Dashboard? Start here with Metrics!
Metrics collect data from various sources and store it at a 5-minute resolution. Configure Metrics to track event rules, vehicle movement, and total distance traveled. Metrics are displayed in interactive Widgets, to provide a visual overview of fleet KPIs.
Select the fleet behavior you want to measure from Metrics and assign a time frame you want to track it over from Widgets, based on your interests.
Let's get started and create your first Metric! There are two ways to create Dashboard Metrics:
I. Create a new Metric from the Dashboard menu
1. Click on the icon to open the Manage Dashboard window.
2. Choose 'Metrics' from the left menu.
3. Once the Metrics page is open, click the button '+ Metric'.
4. Assign a Label to your Metric. This is the display name for the Metric. Select a Metric type. Learn more about Dashboard metrics type.
In this case, we chose Metric Type: Vehicle Status Distribution which tracks the status of fleet vehicles. Select the vehicles you would like to include in this Metric.
5. Save the Metric.
Your new Metric is now added to the Metrics list. There will be no information in the Dashboard from the Vehicle Status prior to this moment. The moment a new metric is created, the data will begin to collect.
Time running: This indicates how long the metric has been collecting information.
Active: The Metric can be active or inactive. This can be changed using the small tick box.
6. Next up - Create a Widget to display in Dashboard.
II. Create Metrics from +Widget
1. Click on the '+ Widget' icon
2. Select a Metric or select the 'Create new' icon to add a new Metric.
3. Fill in the display name for the Metric and select a ´ Metric Type.
4. Save the Metric.
5. Your Metric is ready to collect data. Discover how to display Metrics with Widgets.