The device simulator lets you easily test GpsGate without any hardware - no tracking device or smartphone necessary.
- You will see your vehicles (using the device simulator) moving towards the desired destination on the map
- You can add multiple destinations for each unit to complete the trip
- The movement will have realistic speed according to road speed limits
- You can start/stop vehicle movement at any time
- Set a new destination with a right-click
- The vehicles will generate and register track data
- This data can be used for testing/development
To use it, simply log into an application.
Using the device simulator is easy. First, add a new user (with Device user type) by clicking on +User in the Vehicles panel. Select 'GpsGate Simulator' as the device type.
After you save the user, click on the user in the Vehicles panel. The tooltips will help you get started.
Set the first position:
Create a route:
Once you set the final destination, the device simulator will start.
Reached your destination? Right click, set a new destination, and the simulator starts driving again!
For more details on user types and using other device types, read this.