Localize your variable names
Sometimes, you want to modify variable names, for example:
- To find a more suitable name related to the input you are receiving.
- To adjust a more accurate translation in your own language.
- To make it more clear what is that signal about.
Using the following procedure, you don't need to make any modifications to the device mapper.
In this example, we want to modify the translation of the variable Custom analog 1.
To change this name to another one, follow these steps:
1. Go to Admin > Localization Editor
You can read more about the localization editor here.
2. Select the language you're using in the interface. In this example, we use English.
3. Find the word of the input you want to change the text, then type the new word and click Save and Reload
Make sure you add the translations to the Generic Components module
4. Now your variable name has changed!