How to generate an instance of a report
This article describes how to generate instances of the same report in an application.
A report instance is a copy of an existant report in an application with optional slight changes you could make to them. An instance can be customized in the following way:
- Change the report name to be displayed in an application.
- Adding default parameters, hide parameters. For example, to speed-up customer experience with reporting.
- Make a report to be generated automatically to be sent via email.
- Export file reports to CSV or PDF.
Note: To make a copy of a report for advanced editing purposes check how to make a copy of a report in Site Admin.
Steps to generate an instance of a report
1. Go to Reports > Manage reports
2. Select your report and click on Open.
3. Change the parameters of your choice and finally click on Save.
According to the last screenshot, you should get your report listed with your own name and selected options.