Site Admin privileges
Just like for your application, you can edit privileges assigned to roles, create custom roles, and assigns roles to users.
Editing Site Admin users
You can access user management under Applications > SiteAdmin Users. Here, you are presented with a list of SiteAdmin users.
Click on a user in the list to view its details or edit it, or add a new user by clicking Add User button.
You may edit basic user information as well as SiteAdmin application roles assigned to the user. Clicking Save saves changes. Clicking Delete removes the user from SiteAdmin application.
Editing Site Admin user roles
You can access role management under Applications > SiteAdmin Roles. Here, you are presented with a list of SiteAdmin application roles. Initially, there is only the _Administrator role, assigned to all previously existing SiteAdmin users.
Click on a role in the list to view its details or edit it, or create a new role by creating a copy of an existing one (Create Copy button).
You should already be familiar with role management in VehicleTracker application, so you will be familiar with the options provided here.
You may edit role name and description for custom created roles and set Auto enable new items if you want a role to be automatically granted privileges from newly installed plugins. Next, you can assign SiteAdmin users to the selected role through the Users checklist. Finally, you may edit the privilege tree for the selected role. Don’t forget to click Save to save your changes. Clicking Deletedeletes the role.
- _CreateApplication: enables user to create new applications.
- _DeleteApplications: enables user to delete applications.
- _EditApplication: enables user to edit application settings for any application.
- _UseImpersonatedLogin: enables user to use impersonated login shortcut for any application.
Privileges under Pages group in the privilege tree determine which tabs in the Site Admin application can be seen by the members of this role. Under the tab-related privileges, privileges for access to particular pages under a tab are also available.
Note that if you install a plugin that adds new tabs or pages to SiteAdmin, they will be visible here, too, and auto-enabled after installation for all roles with Auto enable new items checked.
For example, we may want to enable a new user to manage reports in SiteAdmin application, but be unable to access other features.
1. Create a role for this purpose, naming it e.g. ReportEditor. Do not check Auto enable new items. Restrict access to Reporting page only as below, and save.
2. Create a user assign it only the ReportEditor role, and save.
3. When the new user logs in, only the reporting tab and pages are visible.