Event rule use case: display icon and text notifiers
This guide will show you how to create a customized Vehicles panel with a text and icon notifiers in it.
Text notifiers are useful to display device input data straight into the Vehicles panel.
In the same way, Icon notifiers are very handy, for example, to quickly understand the status of a signal at a glimpse.
Text and icon notifiers are linked to event rules. Inputs from your devices are captured and generate events that display the values. So we need to create an event rule using both Text and Icon as notifications.
1. Follow the Event Rule step by step guide until step 4.
2. In 4. Expressions, use the following settings:
In our example, we want to display the charging status icon, so we will use the variable Charging.
Select the variable according to the Device Mapper configuration for your devices.
3. On 5. Notifications you need to select the Icon option and add a second choice for Text.
In Icon, you will select the icons you want to use when the expression is active/inactive.
4. In Text you can type any text you want and/or combine it with existent variables if needed.
5. In 6. Presentation, we won't select any value. Click on Next.
6. Click on Save to finally save your Event Rule.
Add the columns to the Vehicles panel
To have the changes reflected in the interface, follow these steps:
1. Refresh the browser after the creation of your Event Rule.
2. Add the columns with the names created in step 5. You can read more about adding columns to your workspace here.
3. Save your Workspace.
Usage with Marker Attributes
You can also use both Icon and Text notifiers with Marker Attributes.
1. Open your Marker Attributes in Workspace > Marker Attributes
2. Select the two notifiers created previously
3. Click on Close.
Now you'll be able to see your vehicles with both Notifiers on the map.