Install and enable a language
This article describes the necessary steps to install and enable a language in your applications.
Download the language plugin
1. Go to Site Admin → Plugins → Get More Plugins
Sort by the Category column to group the available languages together.
2. Click on Install to install a language.
Enabling user privileges for languages
1. Log in to an application with a Site Admin user.
2. Navigate to Server Administration → Applications → Manage Applications
Read how to access the privileges for your applications
3. Select the language you want to enable under Localization → _UseLanguage
- _UseLanguage controls which languages the user can select in Settings. If no languages are enabled, English will be used.
- _EditLanguage controls which languages can be modified. This privilege must be enabled in order for the Localizationmenu item to appear.
- _CreateLanguage gives the right to create a new language.
- _DeleteLanguage gives the right to delete a language or to revert custom translations of an existing language. Only languages enabled under _EditLanguage can be deleted or reverted.
4. Click on Save.
Select a language for a user
The next step is to make the user select his language of preference.