Trip & Idle with parking report
This guide explains how to use a more advanced Trip & Idle report that handles the 'Parked' state. With this report, you have more detailed information about vehicle usage.
In this report:
- Run: Ignition = ON and Speed > 0
- Idle: Ignition = ON and Speed = 0
- Parked: Ignition OFF and Speed = 0
- Configure the driver (if you want to display driver-related information).
- Configure the idle_time parameter inside the script. (Default value is 120 seconds, meaning if the vehicle stops for longer than 120 seconds with the engine running (Ignition ON), the vehicle state will change to Idle.)
1. Download TripIdleParkingFiles.zip.
- Trip & Idle & Parking report.xml > the report.
- Trip & Idle parking rule.xml > Event Rule that collects data.
5. Create an instance of the Trip & Idle & Parking report:
6. Select the default parameters you want for the report. Make sure Trip & Idle parking rule is selected in the EventRule parameter.
8. Save the report instance.
Now your report is ready to run.
Adding more columns to your reports
Reprocess the report after you have made any change to the Event Rule for the changes to take effect.
- Problem 1: 'I only see Run and Parked trip state and I never see Idle'.
Solution: Verify the idle time variable in your script and adjust it to suit your business.
- Problem 2: 'I customized the event rule, but I do not see the changes I made when rendering a new report'.
Solution: Reprocess the report.