Trip & Idle with parking report
This guide explains how to use a more advanced Trip & Idle report that handles the 'Parked' state. With this report, you have more detailed information about vehicle usage.
In this report:
- Run: Ignition = ON and Speed > 0
- Idle: Ignition = ON and Speed = 0
- Parked: Ignition OFF and Speed = 0
- Configure the Idle Time in the script. (Default value is 120 seconds, meaning if the vehicle stops for longer than 120 seconds with the engine running (Ignition ON), the vehicle state will change to Idle.)
- Configure the driver (if you want to display driver-related information).
1. Download TripIdleParkingWithEventRule.zip.
- Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) Example.xml > the report.
- Trip & Idle parking rule.xml > Event Rule that collects data.
2. Import the Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) Example.xml report.
Learn how to import a report template guide.
3. Enable the report Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) Example into your application.
Learn how to enable a report into an application guide.
4. In the application, import the Trip & Idle parking rule.
Learn how to import an event rule guide.
5. Open the event rule, and make sure the rule is disabled for live processing. You can do this by selecting this parameter and set it in No.
6. Create an instance of the Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) report.
Learn how to create a report instance.
The new Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) Example instance should have selected the event rule by default.
Adding more columns to your reports
You can add more columns using Report Arguments. For the full list of variables you can add using report arguments, click here.
Reprocess the report after you have made any change to the Event Rule for the changes to take effect.
- Problem 1: 'I only see Run and Parked trip state and I never see Idle'.
Solution: Verify the idle time variable in your script and adjust it to suit your business.
- Problem 2: 'I customized the event rule, but I do not see the changes I made when rendering a new report'.
Solution: Reprocess the report.