Trip & Idle with parking report
This guide explains how to use a more advanced Trip & Idle report which contains the possibility to handle the Parking state.
In this report:
- Idling: Engine On / No movement
- Parking: Engine Off / No movement
1. Download TripIdleParkingWithEventRule.zip.
- Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed).xml > the report.
- Trip & Idle parking rule.xml > Event Rule that collects data.
2. Import the Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) Example.xml report.
Read how to import a report template guide.
3. Enable the report Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) Example into your application.
Read how to enable a report into an application guide.
4. In the application, import the Trip & Idle parking rule.
Read how to import an event rule guide.
5. Create an instance of the Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) report.
Read how to create an instance of a report.
The new Trip & Idle & Parking (Detailed) Example instance should have selected the event rule by default.
Adding more columns to your reports
You can add more columns using ReportArguments. Here is a list of variables you can add.
Please note that you need to re-process the report after you have made any change to the Event Rule for the changes to take effect on historical data.
- Problem: I only see Run and Parked trip state and I never see Idle.
Solution: You may have a problem with the variable that indicates the parking state. The event rule script uses Ignition by default. Check if you have used another variable instead of Ignition and change it in the script, or check if it is mapped correctly using the Device Mapper.
- Problem: I customized the event rule, but I do not see the changes I made when rendering a new report.
Solution: Event rule modification does not affect the reporting data that has already been processed. You need to reprocess it to see the changes