Generate email and SMS alerts based on Geofence alerts
In this example, we will show how to configure SMS and Email alerts when a vehicle gets outside a geofence.
Email notification setup
1. Login with the proper user into your Application and select Admin > Event Rules
2. Click on Add new Event Rule
3. Select Geofence Expression.
Note that you will see in your list, geofence Groups, not individual geofences.
4. On 5.Notifications we will select Email as a notification type.
5. We will select one of our Tags as a recipient.
Select a tag where you know you have at least one user with an email in his properties.
6. Now is turn to customize the Subject of the email. Compose the subject with fixed text and variables of your choice.
7. In the same way as the subject, you can customize the body of the email by adding your own text and variables.
SMS notification setup
8. To add SMS as notification, select + and add SMS as a new notification type.
9. In the same way that we customized the email notification, we can also compose the SMS notification.
10. Click Next until you reach the end.
11. Click on Save to end the rule creation.
In this example, when the vehicle got out of the geofence, a notification via SMS and e-mail has been sent to the recipient of the message (the operator with a valid phone number and email address).
Here you can see an example of how an SMS notification will look like for the recipient.
In the following screenshot, you can observe the email notification received by the recipient.