Import geofences in KML or CSV format
You can import geofences polygons in KML and KMZ formats. It's also possible to import circular geofences using CSV files.
Before importing your geofences, you should know:
- For importing geofences as polygons, only KML/KMZ format should be used and should be polygons without holes.
- It is possible to import circular geofences only through CSV files. We also recommend importing circlular geofences using REST API method.
- Polygons with holes are not supported. In that case, only the outer boundary will be imported and the inner boundary, holes, ignored.
- Self-intersecting polygons will be skipped. Self-intersecting polygons look like:
1. In Site Admin, access the application privileges and features.
2. Enable _ImportGeofence privilege.
3. Save your application properties.
1. Select the Import option located in the Geofence panel
2. Select the option Select file option:
2. Select the KML, KMZ, or CSV files from your hard drive.
3. After selecting the file, the following options will show up:
- Group: this option allows including your KML import into an existent geofence or the possibility to create a new one.
- Create a group based on document name: this option will generate a new geofence Group based on the filename.
- Create a group for each named fence: this option will generate a new group for each geofence included in the KML file (this option may create too many groups depending on your file content).
- Default radius for Route geofence: this option will generate a radius if the file to import meets the requirement of a route geofence.
4. Select Upload.