How to hide the default workspace
This guide shows you how to disable the default workspace for a certain role of users and for an application.
Hide the default workspace for a certain role of users
If you, for example, want to hide the default workspace for certain roles (e.g. operators), follow these steps:
1. Log in to your application.
2. Select Admin > Roles and click on the role you want to hide the default workspace. To read more about roles, read this article.
3. Unselect Workspaces > _UseSharedWorkspace > Default.
4. Click on Save to save the role.
5. Log in with any user that belongs to that role to verify.
Hide the default workspace for an application
This setting disables the default workspace for all users in the application.
1. Go to Site Admin > Applications > Search and Manage and click on the application you want to edit.
2. Go to Privileges and Features > Workspaces > _UseSharedWorkspace
3. Disable Default.
4. Save the application properties.
Note: after disabling the default workspace in your application, you may want to set a custom one as a default. Read how to set a custom workspace for an application.