ArcGIS Custom Web Map integration and Custom geocoder configuration
This guide describes how to enable the use of ESRI/ArcGIS custom web maps in GpsGate and how to configure the custom ESRI/ArcGIS geocoder.
ArcGIS plugin Install
- Log in to Site Admin
- Go to the Plugins tab
- Make sure all plugins are up to date (on the Plugins tab)
- Install ArcGISMap
ArcGIS Web Map
The custom ESRI/ArcGIS map should be exposed as a web map. Need more details? Learn how to create a web map in ArcGIS.
After creating the web map, you can get a URL of the web map.
- Go to Site Admin > Maps > ArcGIS
- Click New
- Specify the Name, URL, and Description fields.
- Click Save
- Name: The name of the map, used for enabling the map in your server applications.
- URL: Link to the custom map which you created. *Please make sure it is correct and responding by opening it in your browser first!
- Description: An optional note for your use of the map specifications, which customers will use it, etc. Use this as needed to fit your business.
When you have created a map (or several maps), you must now enable the maps for the Vehicle Tracker applications.
- Go to the Privileges and Features of your application > Maps
- Enable _UseMapPlugin > ArcGISMap > _UseArcGISMap privilege
- From the _UseArcGISMap folder, enable the individual ArcGIS map(s) you need
- Click Save
Custom Geocoder Server
Under the Site Admin > Maps > ArcGIS, you can choose which ArcGIS geocoder can be used. If you are using the official ArcGIS geocoder, you can choose the default value as "ESRI/ArcGIS online." You can also use the custom geocoder server instead if you have your own ArcGIS geocoder server.
- Geocode URL: the custom geocoder server url
- Geocode Auth token URL: the url for getting the authentication token for using custom geocoder
- Username: login username for custom geocoder
- Password: login password for custom geocoder
You can read more about ArcGIS REST API geocode here: https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/reverse-geocode.htm