This guide describes how to enable use of ESRI/ArcGIS maps in GpsGate Server VehicleTracker.
- Log in to Site Admin.
- Go to the Plugins tab.
- Under My Plugins tab, make sure all plugins are up to date
- Install ArcGISMap.
- Go to Site Admin > Maps > ArcGIS
- Click New.
- Specify the Name, URL, and Description fields.
- Click Save.
- Name: The name you use to reference when enabling the map in the VehicleTracker applications.
- URL: Link to the ESRI/ArcGIS server and map you want to use. (Please make sure it is correct and responding by opening it in your browser first).
- Description: An optional description note, mostly for your convenience.
When you have created a map, or several maps, you must now enable the maps for the Vehicle Tracker applications you will use.
- Go to the Privileges and Features of your application > Maps.
- Enable _UseMapPlugin > ArcGISMap
- From the _UseArcGISMap folder enable each individual ArcGIS map(s) you need (e.g. Earthquake, Wildfires, and Wildlife in the screenshot below)
- Click Save.
Default maps available from ArcGIS
Here are some existing maps available from ArcGIS you can try out:
(Adding no maps will make the plugin fallback to a default OpenStreetMap layer)
How to enable CORS
The URL to the mapservers need to be accessible from the domain you browse from. If it’s not the same as your ArcGIS map server. Easiest is to enable CORS on your ArcGIS server.
General information about CORS can be found here: http://enable-cors.org/
After installation select the ArcGIS geocoder in Site Admin > Applications > [your App] > Geocoding.
If you have registered for an ArcGIS account you can set your credentials in Site Admin > Maps > ArcGIS.
You can read more about ArcGIS applications and credits here: https://developers.arcgis.com/