This guide describes how to enable the use of ESRI/ArcGIS maps in GpsGate Server VehicleTracker.
- Log in to Site Admin (Legacy).
- Go to the Plugins tab.
- Under My Plugins tab, make sure all plugins are up to date
- Install ArcGISMap.
- Go to Site Admin(Legacy) > Maps > ArcGIS
- Click New.
- Specify the Name, URL, and Description fields.
- Click Save.
- Name: The name you use to reference when enabling the map in the VehicleTracker applications.
- URL: Link to the ESRI/ArcGIS server and map you want to use. (Please make sure it is correct and respond by opening it in your browser first).
- Description: An optional description note, mostly for your convenience.
When you have created a map or several maps, you must now enable the maps for the Vehicle Tracker applications you will use.
- Go to the Privileges and Features of your application > Maps and Geocoders
- Enable the map ArcGISMap
3. In the next section enable each ArcGIS map(s) you need (e.g. Earthquake, Wildfires, and Wildlife in the screenshot below) and the Geocoders.
Default maps available from ArcGIS
Here are some existing maps available from ArcGIS you can try out:
(Adding no maps will make the plugin fallback to a default OpenStreetMap layer)
How to enable CORS
The URL to the mapservers need to be accessible from the domain you browse from. If it’s not the same as your ArcGIS map server. The easiest is to enable CORS on your ArcGIS server.
General information about CORS can be found here: http://enable-cors.org/
After installation select the ArcGIS geocoder in Site Admin > Applications > [your App] > Maps and Geocoding.
If you have registered for an ArcGIS account you can set your credentials in Site Admin(Legacy) > Maps > ArcGIS.
You can read more about ArcGIS applications and credits here: https://developers.arcgis.com/