Troubleshooting odometer issues
- The tracks distances are too high or do not look real on the Tracks Panel
- After changing the device odometer the GUI and the report still showing the same distance
- There are two types of odometers in GpsGate: the device odometer and the server odometer.
- Not all GPS trackers have a built-in odometer.
- If your device is compatible with its own odometer, you can select it in the Device Mapper of that device.
- If no device odometer is selected, the default server odometer will be used.
- Odometers are used in Event Rules, certain reports such as Trip and Idle, Dashboards.
- Change the odometer type in the Device Mapper
- If you change the odometer, you need to reprocess your tracking data to recalculate the values.
- If you have changed the default odometer setting from the Device Mapper, verify you receive the right Odometer values looking into the Status panel or by analyzing the terminal.