This feature allows you to synchronize LDAP users with GpsGate server.
A relation is created between LDAP Group and a User Type (from a selected Application), which imports all users from this LDAP Group and assigns them to the selected Application with specified User Type.
Read more about how to activate LDAP login here.
Install and Setup
- Login to SiteAdmin
- Navigate to Plugins tab
- Change the repository URL to beta.gpsgate.com
- Install LDAP Sync plugin
General information and requirements
If it is the first time you are using this feature, we recommend that you choose an LDAP Group with a small number of users, since all changes will take effect immediately and there is no undo functionality.
Before using this feature, it should be noted: it creates or edits a User Type or many User Types which will be assigned to a LDAP Group.
Configure LDAP Synchronization
1. Go to SiteAdmin -> LDAP Sync.
2. Set connection details for LDAP server:
- Server Name/IP: the server address.
- Server Port: default value is 389.
- Container: the container which holds Groups to be imported, something like “DC=Container123,DC=domain,DC=com”.
- Username: username that has administrator access to the specified container, the format should be like “Container123\Username”.
- Password: user password.
- Groups Filter: the filter which will be used to get groups from specified container, default = '(objectClass=group)'.
- Users Filter: the filter which will be used to get users from specified container, default = '(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(memberOf=*)'.
3. Click Connect.
4. Once the connection is established you will be forwarded to the next page, where you can select:
- the Application where users will be imported.
- LDAP Groups to be imported/synchronized and to which User Type the users will belong.
5. Click Next.
6. For each selected LDAP Group is created a section.
In each section you will need to map(to make a relation) User Type Item to a LDAP Group Attribute.
- All fields marked with * must have a LDAP Group Attribute selected.
- In the list are displayed only User Type Items that are marked as visible and/or required.
7. Click Synchronize.
The progress of synchronization is displayed.
8. Once the import/synchronize process is finished, the result will be displayed:
with green - how many users successfully imported,
with red - how many users failed to be imported.
9. Once you import the users for the first time, next time when you try to do a synchronization with the same LDAP server, the checked LDAP Groups / Mappings are automatically set. That makes the synchronization process much easier.