Cleanup deletes historic data older than the specified time from your database. This is an effective way to free up disk space and/or comply with local regulations regarding storing customer information.
1. Log in to Site Admin > Plugins > Get More Plugins
2. Install the Cleanup plugin if is not yet installed
Cleanup has to be enabled at the server level first.
1. Go to Server Administration > Server > Settings > Cleanup
2. Click Save
Cleanup at the server level
On the same screen, you will notice all cleanup settings are Keep forever by default. This means that all the data is stored without a time limit on your server.
These default values apply to all existing applications and any new applications you will create in your system.
If you want to apply specific cleanup features to specific applications, read below.
1. Modify the values according to your needs
|Camera data:||removes camera plugin-related data|
|Close alarms:||removes alarms/alerts-related data|
|Dispatch data:||removes Dispatch (deprecated plugin) related data|
|Event data:||removes event rule-related data|
|Report data:||removes processed reports-related data|
|Sessions:||removes login-related data|
|Track data:||removes track-related data|
|User action:||removes user action-related data|
2. Click on Save when done
Cleanup at the application level
- Individual Cleanup settings applied per application will prevail over the server settings.
- The application setting cannot be longer than the site setting.
- Enable Cleanup still has to be activated.
To activate Cleanup per application, follow these steps:
1. Go to Server Administration > Applications > Manage Applications.
2. Click on the wanted application
3. Click on Cleanup.
3. Set Keep history periods according to your specific application/customer needs.
Note: if you use the shared users feature (Usersync plugin), Cleanup will affect all applications with shared users. The shortest data storage setting will apply. The best practice is to use the same Cleanup settings for all applications with UserSync privileges.