Move MySQL data files to another drive
If you need to move MySQL data files to another drive, for example, because you have installed a bigger hard drive, you could either extend the MySQL database over multiple disks or rather move the entire dataset to a whole new drive. We'll describe how to do the latter in this article.
Note: we recommend making a backup of your data before following this procedure.
1. Stop Franson Nmea Service.
2. Stop MySQL service.
3. Locate and open the my.ini file of your MySQL installation, by default located in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5
4. Modify the path of the new location of your data files
5. Save the my.ini file.
6. Move the original data files (originally located by defult in C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data) to the new destination (in the example "E:\MySQL data")
7. Start MySQL service.
8. Start Franson Nmea service.
Now your data files have been migrated to the new drive.