Install a certificate in your server to provide a secure HTTPS connection
To support HTTPS on your GpsGate server, you need to install a valid certificate.
This article is part of the How to enable HTTPS on your GpsGate server.
- Set the Server Hostname (Site Admin > Settings > Server Hostname)
- Install a valid certificate that works with the server's Hostname (domain name)
You can obtain an SSL certificate for a domain from a trusted third-party Certificate Authority like GlobalSign.
Usually, you should obtain a password-protected .pfx file with the certificate and the public key.
1. On Windows, you can double-click on such a file to install it.
2. Follow the installation wizard. In the Certificate Store Location step, choose Local Machine, as shown in the picture below:
3. In the Certificate Store step, choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities, as shown in the picture below:
After the installation of the certificate is done, continue with the necessary steps to obtain HTTPS on your server.