With the plugin AppGeocoder, you can use a set of POIs and Geofences to use them for geocoding purposes in your applications. This allows you to avoid importing and displaying POIs and Geofences in your applications that you don't want to show, but just use them as a geocoder only instead.
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Go to Plugins > Get More Plugins
4. Download and install AppGeocoder.
1. Create a new Geocoder in Maps > Geocoders
2. Enter a name e.g. AppGeocoder and click New
Once it's inserted, you need to click in Edit again.
3. Select App Geocoder in drop down and paste the URL of the application that contains the POI and Geofences you want to use as geocoders.
Note: to know your application URL you need to go to SiteAdmin > Applications > Search and Manage > (click in your application name) > Information and you'll see the URL there.
4. Click Insert
5. Click on Save.
Set the Geocoder of your application
1. Under SiteAdmin > Applications > Search and Manage > (click in your application name) > Geocoding you can select your new geocoder.
2. Click Save.
Note: the new geocoder works for all the applications except for the application that originally contains the POIs or Geofences, so don't use this geocoder for the original application.