Test your Event Rules using SimOne
SimOne is a virtual tracker that could be used to understand how Event Rules work or simulate specific device's behaviors before putting any Event Rule or application in production.
Why using it
SimOne could be useful in the following scenarios:
- To test Event Rules.
- To generate tracking data in your platform (eg. to display report’s data. Specially useful in report’s customization).
- To import tracking data from another server (tracking data exported as CSV file).
- For training purposes.
- To support your customer’s help requests.
- To use in live demos/presales to your prospects or customers to display vehicles and Event Rules working in real time.
Download the application here
- A computer capable of running any current Windows version.
- You may be required to have Microsoft Framework 3.5 or higher.
- Required port open (the default is 30175) in your router/pc firewall to allow a connection between the tool and GpsGate Server.
Before using the tool
1. Create a Unit/Vehicle as shown in this video. When selecting the Device choose GpsGate Tracker One.
2. On IMEI input, select for example, 01. This value should match the IMEI number on the SimOne configuration as you can see in the next steps.
1. Input the IP address or your server. Should be the same IP displayed in Site Admin > Devices. Leave the default port number (30175).
2. If you want to keep the device connected to the server at all times, enable the option Keep connection open.
3. Insert the IMEI number set on the previous step when creating the user or enter a username and password if you have chosen this login method for the user.
4. You can click on Ping to verify there’s connectivity between the tool and the server (you’ll see that the vehicle’s status change to yellow).
Once the connection is possible, you can send signals to your server using the following parameters:
1. Input a Latitude and a Longitude values. If you need to have these values by clicking on the map, you could use the Map coordinates plugin.
2. Input an Altitude, Speed and a Heading (direction) if needed.
3. Set a Local time. If you click on Now button you will get the date and time of your system.
4. Click on Move, build and send to move the device before sending the command. If you need to define yourself the exact time and position, use instead Build or Move and build and then click on Send to server. Your vehicle’s status should now change to green if you submitted a current date/time (values in the past will still show the vehicle’s status in yellow).
5. You can also send additional signals to the server. In order to use them in the application, you have to assign them in the Device Mapper. Selecting the Name property of each signal will enable it and clicking on Value will define its state.
With SimOne you can also import tracks exported from different applications into your test application. In order to do that, you have to export your tracks into CSV files in the Track points list. On SimOne select Track Files and follow these steps:
To import a track, click on the button Open CSV file and then click on Send to server. Wait until the green bar reaches the end.
Note: your track will be imported with the date/time defined in the CSV file column named Send message.