How to enable REST API
GpsGate REST API is a core functionality which is distributed with GpsGate.
You can control though how to access to API resources from the different applications of your server using _APIRead and _APIReadWrite privileges.
By default, applications/users have no access to API resources.
- _APIRead is for granting read-only access
- _APIReadWrite is for granting read/write access.
Activate API privileges
1. Access the application privileges and features.
2. Enable the privileges under API
3. Click on Save
Enable API in your application roles
After enabling the privileges for an application, you might want to give roles of users permission to use the API resources. For example, when you want to log in to get an API token with an operator user instead of an administrator (after enabling API resources at the application level, administrator users will have the API resources enabled by default).
Read more about user roles here.
Follow these steps to allow API access to the Roles you choose:
Log in to the application using an administrator user:
1. Select Admin > Roles.
2. Select an existing role (e.g.: _Operators) or make a new role if necessary.
3. Under Privileges section, enable _APIRead privilege for read-only access and _APIReadWrite privilege for full access.
4. Under the Users section, select the users you want to add to this role.
5. Press Save
Log in and get an API token in REST