Live KML feed in Google Earth
With this guide you'll be able to configure your Vehicle Tracker application to show your vehicles in real time in Google Earth using the live KML feeds.
1. Login to your VehicleTracker application as administrator.
2. Go to Admin > Views in the menu.
3. Click on Add new View. Give you View a name and a description. You can create a View using different criteria as Sending, Connected, Offline and Never seen. You can also group vehicles using Tags. Learn more about views and tags here.
4. Save your View when you're done.
Create the KML feed
5. In the VT application, make sure you have your new view in the dropdown menu located on top left of the page.
The KML icon, next to the dropdown menu, will now be visible. Click on the icon to open up the KML feed window.
6. After doing this, now have two options:
a) Copy the URL and past it into Google Earth.
b) Use the Save as button to download the KML file that you will open with Google Earth (recommended).
Google Earth will now open and pan to your vehicles. Information about every Vehicles is displayed in the Places panel.