Publish plugin enables you to show vehicles in a View from Vehicle Tracker on another web page as an embedded map, for example a live public view of selected vehicles on a corporate site or a blog. To install, setup and use the Publish plugin please follow this guide.
Moreover, the Share Location feature (using the _CreateSharedLocation privilege) allows to generate Shared Location links both for the UI and the REST API.
Google API key. You can purchase a Google API key here.
1. Install the Publish plugin in SiteAdmin.
2. Enable the Publish privileges under the application properties Plugins > Publish
You can configure this plugin with an Admin user inside your application.
If you need to add configuration privileges to operators user types, they need to be member of a role that has the Publish privilege enabled.
Follow these steps to give Publish rights to a user:
- Login with administration rights to your VehicleTracker application and click on Roles in the Admin menu.
- Select the role that you want to give rights to
- Find the Publish privilege and enable it.
- All users in that role will be able to publish Views that they have access to.
How to Use
1. Log into your application as a user with Publish rights
2. Open up the Publish window found in the Windows menu.
3. Follow the Publish wizard, it is divided into 4 steps:
3.1. Choose a size for your map and add a Google Map Key (required)
3.2 Choose what logo you want to display in the map footer and what address you want the image to point at
3.3 Enable the current View. You can also Disable the View if you do not want to Publish it anymore
3.4 Copy the code and paste it into the right place on your blog/website
Note: You can select another View in VehicleTracker to change it in the wizard.
Using the ShareLocation feature
1. To share the current vehicle location by using a link, you need to right click in the vehicle and select the option Share Location, either from the Vehicle Panel
or from the Map
2. You can use the quick options (1 hour, 6, 24, 48), or rather use the Custom one.
In any case it will display the current panel where you can modify the values.
3. Select Copy link to save the generated link in memory.
You can now share this link with anyone to follow the unit in real time.