Tracks (Legacy): Track Filters
Note: Tracks is the default experience for users (previously Tracks 2.0 (Beta) in the UI). You can select Tracks (Legacy) from the Tracks panel menu.
Parts of tracks look wrong. In particular, where the device is moving slowly with many turns.
You're probably using the wrong filter for your tracking purposes.
Track filters are used to remove faulty noisy GPS data, and to create idling spots (standstills) and trips. But sometimes the filters are not suitable for the type of vehicle (e.g. for slow-moving vehicles/persons or for city driving).
Change the Track Filter for a Device Type by following these steps:
In Site Admin
2. Change the Name and Description.
3. Select which filter you will apply to this device type (e.g. City Drive).
- City Drive for vehicles driving around in a city with many turns.
- Slow Drive for very slow-moving vehicles, like farming machines.
- Airplane for fast-moving vehicles like airplanes.
- Default for long-distance vehicles.
4. Select any other setting that you want to apply to your device, then finally click on Save.
In the application
5. Log in to your application.
6. Edit the user.
7. Select the new device type created in Site Admin.
8. Save the user.
9. After changing Track Filter, draw the track again to verify.
Result using a new filter
When you switch device type with a new track filter, you need to reprocess tracks for that device for new distance calculation to take effect on historical data.