Fuel Consumption: fuel consumption with fill logs
This guide shows how to use the Fuel Consumption plugin to track fuel consumption of your vehicles.
Note: this plugin is intended for manual fuel log fills. If you have devices with fuel-reading sensors, use instead the FU1004 report.
Follow these steps to install the Fuel Consumption plugin.
1. Login to the Site Admin > Plugins > Get More plugins
2. Install the Fuel Consumption plugin
3. Access the application privileges and features
4. Enable the Fuel Consumption privileges.
5. Save the changes for the application.
Add Expected Fuel Consumption
This step is optional, but on the other hand, by adding the expected fuel consumption variable to your vehicle, it makes easier to compare the expected consumption value agains the real one, on the graphs and reports.
1. Right-click on a User in the Vehicles list and select Edit User
2. Add a fuel consumption value in the Exp. Fuel Consumption field (this step is optional)
If you don't see the field, edit the user type with the User Type Editor by editing the properties of the Device user type and later on, enable the field.
3. Add an Odometer to the vehicle. Read how to setup an odometer guide to enable an odometer to the user.
Fuel Consumption requires adding several fuel-refills entries to display the data in a correct format.
Enter the Fuel Refills as accurately as possible to get the best results.
1. Add the Fuel Consumption menu to the interface by clicking in Windows > Fuel Consumption > Fuel Consumption menu
2. To add your first Refill click in
3. Add your refill in litres/gallons. The values will be adjusted according to your localization settings in your application.
4. Click on Save or Save and Next if you want to introduce a new value.
Important: It is necessary to enter at least two entries to start having data and fuel consumption statistics. Enter the data as accurate as possible to ensure better results.
If you click on the Graph button to show the graph for the selected time period
Fuel Fill File Format
Fuel fill files have the format below. Any number of <Refill> … </Refill> sections can be included in one file.
Note 1: It is important to give each file a unique fileid. If the same file id is used for second import the previously imported fuel fills will be deleted.
Note 2: The TimeStamp is expressed in UTC time zone.
Note 3: Fuel fills will only be imported for vehicles in the current Application.
Note 4: Custom Fields are optional.
Fuel Fill File Import
Follow these steps to import a file with fuel fills.
1. Click on Window > Fuel Consumption > Import in the Fuel Consumption menu
2. Select your file and click Upload
3. The fuel fills are imported and displayed in the Fuel Consumption window
Fuel Consumption Reports
Verify in the supported report list, the available report for Fuel Consumption plugin (FC reports).
Sample of FC report