Sending users alerts in the application with system messages
System Messages allow you to send messages directly to application users. For example, you might want to inform them about upcoming system maintenance. This can be done when they log in or as a pop-up that is pushed to logged-in users at a specific time. You can send to users across applications by using roles and application tags.
Configure System Messages
1. From the main menu, navigate to Server Administration > Applications > System Messages.
2. Click on the + System message button to add a new system message.
Enter the information for each field:
|Direction||System message heading (special characters like ” [’<>] " are not supported).|
|Text||Message content (special characters like ” [’<>] " are not supported).|
|Type||Push - pushes a pop-up to logged-in users at the time specified in the “At Time” field.
At Login - shows a pop-up when users log in after the time specified in the “At Time” field.
|Send date/time||Time when the message will be shown (as per the explanation above based on message type).|
|Application Tag||Group of applications that will receive the system message. This is available only if there are applications tags registered in Site Admin > Applications > Application Tags.|
|Roles||Roles that will receive the message. If an “Application Tag” is selected, Roles are from this “Application Tag”. If there are no “Application Tags”, all available Roles will be shown|
5. Save the System Message.
Now your new system message is created.
Click on the List button to see all users who received the message and which have read it.
- If a system message is edited and re-saved, it is considered a new message. The list is reset and all users will receive the message again.
Sending system messages to multiple applications
1. Go to Site Admin (legacy) > Applications > Application Tags
2. Add a new tag by clicking + Add new Tag
3. Create a tag containing the applications you need to notify later
4. Login to any application with the Site Admin user
5. Follow the procedure to add a System Message above.
6. When selecting the Application Tag, choose the tag created on step 3.
7. Save the System Message.