Creating strong password requirements for users
With GpsGate you can decide how strong the users' credentials should be.
What is a strong password
You can test in security.org how strong your password is. A strong password should meet the following requirements:
- A password should be 16 characters or more; our password-related research has found that a big number of people use passwords of eight characters or less.
- A password should include a combination of letters, numbers, and characters.
- A password shouldn’t be shared with any other account.
- A password shouldn’t include any of the user’s personal information like their address or phone number. It’s also best not to include any information that can be accessed on social media like kids’ or pets’ names.
- A password shouldn’t contain any consecutive letters or numbers.
- A password shouldn’t be the word “password” or the same letter or number repeated.
Enabling strong password
1. Log in to an application with a Site Admin user.
2. From the main menu, choose Server Administration → Server → Settings
3. Go to the Security tab.
4. Go to Password minimum length option and set it to at least 16 characters.
Change/create the password to the user
When creating a new user (e.g.: an Operator or an Administrator), there will be new password requirements for this user.