Icon sets - Vehicle map markers
Icon sets are vehicle map markers to show all of the data they need at a glance.
To enable icon sets, you need to first enable the marker type 'Status'.
Setting up Icon Sets
1. Log in to your application. Then select Icon Sets from the Admin menu.
2. To create a new icon set, click on + Icon set.
3. Set a Name and an optional description for your new icon set.
4. An icon set can both be used as a position marker and/or a status indicator.
- Label color: shows on the left side of the marker label
- Label icon: shows on the left side of the marker label
- Label text: display name or username on the label
- Status indicator(s): displays to the right of the label text (selected from icon sets)
- Position marker: displays the current vehicle location (selected from icon sets).
5. Configure your icon sets according to your preferences.
In the example below, it will display an icon if SOS True/False is detected. If no SOS signal is received, it will display no icon at all.
Remember that the signals you use in order to detect the icon changes should be correctly mapped in the device mapper first.
Setting the Icon Set to the user
To set a custom marker for a specific user, right-click on the user, select Edit user and make changes in the Marker section.
NOTE: By default, the position marker uses the motion icon set to show whether the vehicle is moving, idling, parked, or offline.
- To customize the vehicle marker for a user type, go to the User Type Editor and make changes in the Marker section. You can read more about the user type editor here.
- You can also customize the marker attributes that display when you click on the marker label. For more information, visit the marker attributes article.