Generate a Google Maps API key to use with GpsGate
If you want to use Google Maps with GpsGate, you need a valid Google API Key. Follow these steps to successfully apply this key into GpsGate server.
- Note: this procedure is to enable Google Maps only. Geocoding is not included in this guide.
Obtaining Google API Key
1. Go to Google Get API Key site.
2. Click in Get Started
3. Select Maps and click in Continue
4. Set a project name and click in Continue
5. Select Create Billing Account
6. Select your region and click in the Agreement before continue.
7. Setup the payment method and click in Continue.
8. Once the payment setup has been accepted you'll end up in this screen. Click in Next.
9. Finally, your new API key will be displayed. Copy/Save this API key for the next step.
10. Go to your GpsGate server Site Admin > Maps > Google
12. Click on Save.
13. Enable Google Maps into your applications as described in this guide.