Generate a Google Maps API key to use with GpsGate
If you want to use Google Maps with GpsGate, you need a valid Google API Key. Follow these steps to successfully apply this key into GpsGate server.
Generating the Google API key
1. Go to https://console.cloud.google.com
2. Click on Get Started
3. Select Maps and click on Continue
4. Set a project name and click on Continue
5. Select Create Billing Account
6. Select your region and click on the Agreement before continuing.
7. Set up the payment method and click on Continue.
8. Once the payment setup has been accepted, you'll end up on this screen.
Click on Next.
9. At the end of the process, your new API key will be displayed. Copy/Save this API key for the next step.
10. Go to your GpsGate server Site Admin > Maps > Google
Note: to add geocoding services, see the Enable Geocoding option below.
12. Click on Save.
13. Enable Google Maps into your applications as described in this guide.
To enable Geocoding with google, follow these steps:
1. In the Google Console Dashboard (left menu), find the option Geocoding API.
2. Enable it.
Now geocoding is also enabled for this key. You can use the same key you've used for your maps if you've enabled Geocoding API for the same project.
It is always a good idea to use the Test Key option to check everything is working fine