Change to Desktop mode on your mobile browser
Note: this version of the Fleet app will be deprecated and removed from the app stores with our August 2020 release. We recommend switching to the new GpsGate Fleet app.
This guide shows how to navigate in your GpsGate platform using your mobile's browser (eg. Safari, Chrome, etc.) and still preserve the Desktop-mode navigation type.
- How to apply this mode for iOS devices click here.
Note: the easiest and fastest way to track your fleet using your mobile phone, is using the Fleet App rather than the phone's browser. Read how to obtain and use the Fleet App here.
Changing to Desktop View
This method will depend on which version of Android you're using in your phone. The following method has been tested on Android 9 using Chrome.
1. Open the browser and enter GpsGate URL.
2. Tap first on Desktop version at the bottom left of the screen (1).
Once the Desktop version is loaded, tap on the browser additional options (2)
2. Despite enabling Desktop version, some browsers block this modality by default. Make sure it's disabled on the browser's options by selecting Desktop site.
3. Now you'll be able to see the interface as in Desktop mode.
Changing to Desktop view
1. Enter the GpsGate URL in the browser.
When the interface has been loaded, tap on Desktop version.
If you have iOS 12 you might also want to activate the desktop mode (1) as follows:
2. Tap and hold on the Refresh icon at the top-right of the screen (1).
Select Request Desktop Site option (2).
3. Now you should see the Desktop mode