Passenger Manager features
This is a deprecated feature. Please, read more information in our deprecation schedule.
Passenger Manager provides a back-end people tracking solution for transporting passengers (instead of standard cargo). They can know where and when their passengers were on board. Passenger Manager provides real-time tracking and historical reporting.
Note: be sure you've completed the Passenger Manager setup before trying to access the features in this article.
Buses and Passengers
First, you need to add 'buses.' Buses are device user types, just like other vehicles. We use the term bus in Passenger Manager to call out that the vehicle transports passengers instead of just cargo. A bus could be a school bus, a coach, a passenger van, etc.
Add buses one by one as seen in this article, or import them from a CSV as seen here.
In Passenger Manager, all devices are shown as buses by default. You can customize this later.
In the Passenger Manager panel, simply click +Passenger. The required fields are first name, last name, and RFID. Note: the RFID must be unique for each passenger. You can also add additional information on the passenger profile such as phone, address, etc.
Additional passenger information sections include:
- Photo: a photo of the passenger so that the driver can confirm the passenger is using their own RFID card.
- Primary Contact: an emergency contact or guardian (if the passenger is a child).
- Secondary Contact: a second emergency contact or parent/guardian.
- Organization: the school or company contact for the passenger.
- Primary Bus: the primary vehicle the passenger rides. This is used in the Passenger Manager reports.
Passengers can also be added through the Passenger Manager REST resource.
Passenger Manager Settings
- Passenger identifier: select whether you are using RFID or iButton as the unique passenger identifier.
- Bus tags: if you don't want all vehicles to show as buses, you can use tags to customize the Passenger Manager.
- Rescan delay: set the minimum time between a check-in and check-out scan. This will help eliminate incorrect scans from the RFID reader.
- Advanced: set a second signal from your device that defines check-in or check-out.
- Auto check-out: automatically check-out the passengers from the bus at a specific time. All checked-in passengers will be checked-out daily at the selected time.
The Passenger Manager panel provides operators with the real-time overview they need.
See all buses and the number of passengers on each bus
From the bus tab, click on a bus card to see a list of the current passengers
From the passenger tab, see a list of the passengers currently aboard any bus, including their RFID and current bus
Operators and managers can run reports to access historical passenger data.
Activity report: shows all of the logins and logouts per bus.
Violation report: shows exceptions where a passenger rides a bus that is not the primary bus in their profile.