Create maintenance schedules
This guide explains how to create Maintenance Schedules.
Before having the possibility to add a Maintenance Schedule you need:
What is a Maintenance Schedule?
A maintenance schedule is a rule that specifies by which conditions you'll be receiving maintenance alerts.
Maintenance schedules are usually triggered by distance and time (independently or both linked together).
Additionally, a maintenance schedule could be applied to a specific vehicle role (for example, to a group of vehicles with similar characteristics, hence similar maintenance routine).
Create a Maintenance Schedule
1. To create an Maintenance event, select Window > Maintenance > Schedules
2. Click in + Add new Schedule
Use this type of event if you want to trigger a Maintenance alert ever X number of kilometers/miles.
1. Input a name to your schedule and an optional description. We recommend name your schedule indicating what type of maintenance schedule is and to which vehicle Role applies.
2. Select + Add Event to add the alert condition.
3. Select Odometer in the Measuring option and set the desired Interval.
4. Finally, select which vehicle Role you want to use (by default _Unit or select another if you have created a custom one. Check in the maintenance setup guide under Optional: create a Maintenance Role).
Our new Maintenance event based on Distance is now created.
This type of event will be triggered by time. For example, you can use this type if you want to generate a Maintenance alert every year.
In the same way as the schedule by distance, now we have the Schedule by time maintenance schedule working independently from each other.
Linked maintenance schedules
Use this type of schedules if you want to have an alert that work together. For example, if you need to setup a maintenance event when a vehicle reaches 20.000 or 1 year, whatever happens first.
1. To do so, create a new Maintenance schedule.
2. Add one event of the type Distance, and one event of the type Time.
3. Mark both events as Linked
4. Finally click on Save.
Now you have your schedule by distance and time linked together, ready to work.