Custom panels - quick start
You’ll learn how to add a custom panel for real-time weather to GpsGate in this quick start guide. As you move the map, the weather will update based on the location shown.
Add a custom panel for real-time weather to your workspace like this:
- Download source code
- Extract zip file
- Create a folder called CustomPanels under \GpsGateServer\IIS\VehicleTracker\
- Copy content to \GpsGateServer\IIS\VehicleTracker\CustomPanels folder on your GpsGate server
The custom panel is now installed on your GpsGate server.
Ceate a click script like this:
- Go to Admin->Development->App Builder
- Click on New App button and choose a name for the App
- In the second step, (Click Scripts) press New Click Script button
- Choose WindowsMenu as Kind and press Edit button to write your script
- Copy and Paste the following script and press Save. (remember to replace localhost in the script with your actual server’s address)
ui.iframe('weather', 'weather', 'http://localhost/gpsgateserver/VehicleTracker/CustomPanels/WeatherPanel/weather.html', 100, 100, 400, 310); log("OK");
- Go to Window menu
- Select the script name
Now you have a window script which opens our custom panel!
It can be:
- -integrated into a workspace
- -switched to a window or panel
- -moved around
- -saved as any other panel