Register Android Tracker using SMS
- This setup requires a device with SMS capabilities.
- If you want to use Android Tracker on a device without mobile phone capabilities, use Android WIFI only registration method.
Application: add the Android device
To register a new Android Tracker device, follow the next steps:
1. Log in to your Application
2. Click + User
3. Select Device as the user type
4. Select/search for Android device and select it
4. Insert a phone number and finally click on Save
5. A new window will open. Click on the Send registration button.
You are done with the application and user setup!
The next steps are to be performed on the phone.
Android Phone: Tracker app setup
1. Open the notification received in your mobile phone via SMS
2. Your default browser will open.
Select Get GpsGate Tracker if you haven't download it yet,
otherwise click on Register your tracker
3. The Tracker app should now open.
Select the option Accept to add the configuration to the app.
Note: if you don't see this screen, close force closing both the browser and the tracker app, and click on the SMS link again.
The Tracker App is now configured and ready to work!
Read the Android Tracker SMS activation troubleshooting article.