Auto-complete jobs in Dispatch
Dispatch comes with a feature to allow workers near jobs to be marked as completed without manual intervention from the worker.
1. Login to your application with Dispatch enabled and setup as described in this guide.
2. Click on Automation to enable the option
3. A new panel will show up. Define now the autocomplete parameters:
Apply to: you'll see here the Tags created in your application. The autocomplete tasks will apply to the Tags selected here.
Distance: the job will be marked as completed when the vehicle is within the distance specified here.
Time: this is a "window" of tolerance for your jobs to be marked as completed.
- If there is no scheduled time in the job, always complete.
- If there is a scheduled time and it's in the present or past, always complete.
- If there is a scheduled time and it's in the future, only complete jobs that are scheduled up to X minutes ahead. Where X is the time setting.
Check Ignition Off: if you mark this option, the job will be marked as completed when the vehicle has been detected with Ignition off. You need a compatible device with this feature and the Device Mapper correctly set up.
4. Click on Save
Now when your dispatch unit is near a job with the specified conditions, the task will automatically be marked as completed.
- The task must be in any dispatched state before it could be auto-completed. Read more in the dispatch guide in the section Job State to know more about this.