iOS Profiles Configuration (change the default tracking parameters)
The iOS tracker uses the following General default profile:
- Tracker time interval: 60 seconds
- Tracker distance: 400 meters
- Tracker direction change: 30 degrees
- Upload throttle: 0 seconds (no throttle)
To change these settings, follow the procedure below:
Make a new profile
To make a new tracking profile for your iOS device, follow these steps:
1. Export the iOSTracker device types from Site Admin > Devices > Types.
An .xml file will be downloaded.
2. Open the XML file with your favorite text editor. You will see a section in the XML called Profiles.
3. Add a new profile, below the General profile. You can copy-paste the General profile and start customizing your new one.
4. Re-import this template and your new Settings Profile will appear in the Edit User window on all devices that use the profile.
5. If this profile is going to be used for walking, we recommend selecting the Slow Drive filter:
6. Go to the bottom and click on Save.
7. Connect to your application, and Edit the user that you want to apply the new profile.
Under Device > Details, you can select the new profile.
8. Save the user.
Your user will now start using your new profile.
The General Android tracker profile is optimized for the device battery consumption and data plan usage. If you change the default values, it will have a higher impact in both of them.