Add custom fields to your reports
This guide shows how to add user-related and POI-related custom Fields to your reports.
Note: adding custom fields from Dispatch is yet not supported.
Editing the report
1. Make a copy of your report.
2. Select your new copy from the list to edit it by clicking on View.
3. Right-click the cell where you want the custom field value.
4. Select Custom field > field from the menu.
5. In the next window, select as ObjectID > UserID/POILocationID depending on the type of object you want to display the custom fields from. These values will be available for most reports.
Field Type > User/POI/Fuel Consumption/Maintenance.
Note: Fuel Consumption and Maintenance options, will be displayed if their correspondent Fuel Consumption or Maintenance plugins are installed.
Custom fields user-related
Example of a user field related to a user:
Custom Field name > Type the name of the custom field exactly as written it in the Vehicle Tracker application, between the brackets . (eg. Plate Number)
$CustomField([UserID], [YOUR_CUSTOM_FIELD_NAME_HERE], [user])
6. Click OK.
7. Save your report.
Note: If this report has already been activated into an application, you may need to reprocess the report to get the new fields available.
Custom fields POI related
If in the application a custom field called Plate Number has been added and I want to display it, then on the report cell should look like this:
$CustomField([UserID], [Plate Number], [user])
Example of a user field related to a POI:
As you won't find the option for POIs in the menu, you need to modify the field directly in the editor.