Modify variable names for your device signals
Sometimes, you want to modify variable names, for example:
- To find a more suitable name related to the Input you are receiving.
- To adjust a more accurate translation in your own language.
- To make it more clear what is that signal about.
Using the following procedure, you don't need to make any modifications on the Device Mapper.
Imagine that you want to modify the translation of this variable Custom analog 1.
To change this name for another one follow these steps:
1. Go to Admin > Localization Editor
You can read more about the localization editor here.
2. Select the language you're using in the interface. In this example we use English.
3. Find the word of the input you want to change the text, then type the new word and finally hit in Save and Reload
Make sure you add the translations to the Generic Components module