How to use the SOS feature in your tracker apps
If you want to use the SOS button and report the alert to your GpsGate server using the mobile tracker app, follow the steps described in this guide.
This guide assumes you've already setup your mobile apps and you've added them to your Vehicle Tracker application. If you need to setup the apps, follow the links for iOS and Android.
Device Mapper setup
The first step is to map the SOS signal in the device mapper.
1. Login with an Admin user, to your Vehicle Tracker application where you have the mobile users.
2. Go to Admin > Device Mappers and search for iOS or Android depending on which device will you use
3. Select 3. Mappings and use the input SosButton and map it to the variable SOS
Save your device mapper configuration.
Event Rule configuration
4. Create your event rule that supports SOS events.
SOS in the tracker apps
5. In your mobile phone, use the SOS button when necessary