Keep your GpsGate Server secure (on-site)
Hosted and on-site servers
- Do not use a browser on your Windows server for casual surfing!
- Do not open and read emails on your Windows server!
- Never install software from the Internet that you do not 100% need and know what it is!
- Make sure you always have the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft installed.
- Use a firewall, and only keep the ports opened that you need.
- Be very restrictive on which software you install on the server.
- Secure your GpsGate Server with a dedicated Windows user
- Enable HTTPS for the GpsGate Server site in IIS.
- If using HTTPS, make sure to disable SSL 2.0 and 3.0, which are insecure and used by default: https://www.nartac.com/Products/IISCrypto/
- Enable X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN to avoid Clickjacking. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickjacking)
- How to protect your web server: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2694329/mitigating-framesniffing-with-the-x-frame-options-header