Add a device in the application
A GPS tracker needs to be associated with a device user type to be used in the platform.
To add devices in batch mode, use this method instead.
- Note: we mention devices, not vehicles. A device could be located in a vehicle or it could be a user using his mobile phone as a tracker like with the iOS or Android tracker apps.
Creating a Device user
1. Create a new user by clicking on
2. Select the User Type Device
3. In details, enter the Username and Name (screen name)
Note: Username should be unique in the server. If you have multiple applications we recommend using the ID of your application (the last number of your application URL) followed by a name.
Example: if your application URL is http://myserver.com/VehicleTracker/VehicleTracker.aspx?appid=1 you could use as a Username app1device01
4. Roles are privileges assigned to a user type. By default, the role _Unit is applied to a Device user type.
Make sure the role _Unit is selected.
To read more about Roles read here.
5. Tags are labels to be applied to your users in order to have them organized in the application.
Devices usually get auto assigned to the tag Show on Map.
Read more about tags here.
6. Select your device model from the list. If you don't find your device model here, check if your device plugin is installed or if the device you look for is supported.
Fill the IMEI/Unit ID/App ID, etc. THIS NUMBER IS VERY IMPORTANT!
This number is the link between your device and the user you are creating. The number is usually located on the device label. Ask the device manufacturer how to obtain this number if you are not sure.
7. Select a Marker for your vehicle. The marker will be visible on the map and on the vehicle label.
If you choose a Status indicator, you will see the vehicle real-time status also on the map.
Read more about the status icons here.
8. You can now click on Save button to finish the device user creation.
To see if the device is receiving data check the device troubleshooting guide.