Connecting devices to GpsGate
This guide explains how to connect devices to GpsGate for the first time.
Add your devices in 3 Steps
1. Install the device plugin from Site Admin > Plugins. If you already added your device type in the GpsGate On-site installer, this step should already be complete.
- Check if your device is compatible with GpsGate here.
2. Configure your device to report to the GpsGate server you need to configure your device, typically with:
- Device configuration tool
Most major device manufacturers offer a configuration tool to facilitate the users the task of setting up a device for the first time.
GpsGate does not provide you with any third-party software/tool for configuring your device. Ask your device provider for more information about the availability of this software.
- Using SMS commands to configure your device
If you don't have a configuration tool available, you need to contact your device support to send the proper commands to configure a device.
You can send commands to your devices using a mobile phone or setting up an SMS provider in GpsGate. You can send commands from GpsGate, for example, using the Terminal Window.
GpsGate cannot provide you with configuration commands for your devices. Ask your device provider for more information about which commands are available for your device.
To which IP and port should I configure my devices to report to?
You can see which IP and port you have to configure your device to in Site Admin > Devices.
Your devices should point to the server's public IP address and to the correspondent port of that particular device and protocol.
- Make sure you make a test by clicking on Test button to see if there might be connectivity issues with the ports. Read how to troubleshoot device connectivity issues here.
3. Link your device with a user.
Finally, you need to link a user with your physical device. You do this by creating a user of the type device. There are two different ways to do this: