This is a deprecated feature. Please, read more information in our deprecation schedule.
The chat plugin allows you to communicate with your workers on the field by sending messages directly from GpsGate server.
- Garmin devices
- Meitrack MTV600 (connected to a compatible LCD display)
- Any phone with SMS capabilities (for chat using SMS method)
1. Go to Site Admin > Plugins > Get More Plugins.
2. Install Chat plugin.
3. Go to the application Privileges and Features.
4. Enable the Chat plugin inside the Plugins folder.
5. Save the application.
Note: The Chat plugin will automatically be enabled for _Administrator and the _Operator roles in the selected applications. To enable the Chat plugin for other Roles the plugin needs to be enabled under Admin > Roles inside the application itself.
How to use
1. Right-click on the user which you want to start the chat with.
2. Write a new chat message and select the options you want. The response group will display a list of possible responses in the device for that message sent. Display immediately will make the message pop up in the device when this is received.
You can edit the Response groups or the Quick messages by editing or creating new chat profiles.
1. Chat profiles are found under the Admin menu in GpsGate Server.
2. You can add a new response group or edit the default one.
Quick Response groups are lists of possible answers that the worker will be able to select only when a chat message is received. The list is displayed when the reply button is clicked on the device. New groups can be added and default groups can be edited.
Quick Messages are available on the device, so workers can use them to reply any message or start a conversation.
3. Finally, you can select which devices are able to use this profile group: