Cell ID - Cell towers locations
Note: We recommend using Geolocation over CellID. You can read more about Geolocation here.
CellID allows you to resolve a Cell Tower location by its MCC (Mobile Country Code), MNC (Mobile Network Code), LAC (Local Area Code) and CellID. This plugin can be used to track vehicles or objects that do not have a GPS signal but have a cellular signal such as in buildings, garages, or any other areas with weak or no GPS signal.
- Login to Site Admin > Plugins > Get More Plugins
- Install the Cell ID plugin.
- Go to Site Admin > Applications and click on the application in the Application list
- Scroll down to Privileges and Features and check the box under Plugins > Cell ID
- Save your application settings at the bottom of the page
- Cell ID requires an API key that can be obtained by emailing support. Please supply the hostname or IP address of the server(s) that will use the API key.
- Once you have the Cell ID API key in Site Admin > Maps > GpsGate Cell ID, enter the generated key there.
Cell ID usage
In Device Mapper, ensure that your device signals are properly mapped to MCC, MNC, LAC, and CellID.
Resolving a Cell Tower location
Right-click on a vehicle and choose Cell Tower Location
A cell tower icon will be displayed on the map if the cell tower location is resolved.
A warning will display if the cell tower location cannot be resolved.