Cell ID - Cell towers locations
CellID allows to resolve a Cell Tower location by its MCC (Mobile Country Code), MNC (Mobile Network Code), LAC (Local Area Code) and CellID. This plugin can be used to track vehicles or objects that do not have a GPS signal but have a cellular signal such as in buildings, garages, or any other areas with weak or no GPS signal.
Note: GpsGate recommends using Geolocation over CellID. You can read more about Geolocation here.
- Login to SiteAdmin > Plugins > Get More Plugins
- Install the Cell ID plugin.
- Go to SiteAdmin > Applications and click on the application in the Application list
- Scroll down to Privileges and Features and check the box under Plugins > Cell ID
- Save you application settings at the bottom of the page
- Cell ID requires a API key which can be obtained by emailing support. Please supply the hostname or IP address of the server(s) that will use the API key.
- Once you have the Cell ID API key in Site Admin > Maps > GpsGate Cell ID enter the generated key there.
Cell ID usage
In Device Mapper, ensure that your device signals are properly mapped to MCC, MNC, LAC, and CellID.
Resolving a Cell Tower localtion
Right click on a vehicle and choose Cell Tower Location
A Cell Tower icon will be displayed on the map if the cell tower location has been resolved.
A warning will be displayed if the cell tower location could not be resolved.